Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mobile Phone Hero

Google released their mobile phone OS today, known as Android. If you're reading this you probably know what it is and all the details. What's surprising is how quietly this thing is coming to life. I think its a pretty big deal that a SEARCH ENGINE (as most people know it to be) has the audacity to create something to compete with Apple, Blackberry and Microsoft.
For me, this is cool because I have always hated the interface of my mobile phone. Doesn't matter what brand it is, I think they're all trainwrecks.
It will be nice to see some standardization among phones. Maybe this signals an end to the gimmicky "Dude my phone has a screen and keyboard on BOTH sides!" era. And above all, its Google, the fun-loving, easy to use, well organized search page. I'm a huge fan of all of their creations so far.
I love igoogle and calendar



I'm just hoping Apple isn't territorial with AT&T so I don't have to switch to TMobile for this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats whats beautiful about it. This TMobile iteration is junk, but we're not stuck with it. A few months from now somebody (Samsung, LG, Sony) will make a credible iphone fighter and the world will be a better place.

see. cell phones CAN be interesting....as long as motorola isnt involved

Followers