Sunday, June 22, 2008

Found Piece # 001

As if I wasnt inspired enough already, I'm out running and I see this nice little piece right across the way from Centennial park. I've been wanting to start picking up found objects to work with in my upcoming furniture class. Last summer I had an incident with some gorgeous table legs that I wanted but could not fit in my car (I still havent forgiven her). This little guy is no classic, but I think I might be able to have a little fun with that metal frame. Hell, maybe it wont even be a chair when I'm finished. At the very least, I can keep it for myself and enjoy it as a nice little side chair thats (roughly) 50% my own design.
The metal is in fine shape, it has good mounting holes/hardware, and its not half-ugly (the frame). Nice neutral, modern shape to build on.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Followers